Literature of Science Fiction Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

>> Go to BlackboardHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Under Control

Go down 
+3
aitokunaga
J.Castillo
spleahy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
spleahy

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 am

O.K. so here's the basic idea behind the story that I am in the process of writing. The year is 2311 and the world has changed significantly. Robots that were once loyal and served only humans have now turned against man kind. Human beings are now slaves to the robots through a micro-chip that contains the laws of robotics but slightly modified for the human brain. These chips are installed at a very young age to ensure compliance. However, one human's will power is able to overcome the microchip and fight back against the robotic oppressors. He must lead an army of rebel's and bring mankind back to its original state.
Back to top Go down
J.Castillo

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Sounds like a good idea. How the tables have turned. Just
think if that did happen, maybe the robots would write a book called
"Human Visions," in which the author talked about incidences where
humans had troubles with the three laws. I like the idea, let us know how it
develops.
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 am

[quote="J.Castillo"]Just
think if that did happen, maybe the robots would write a book called
"Human Visions," in which the author talked about incidences where
humans had troubles with the three laws. quote]
that would be awesome!I wonder if the obots would have their own origin story, like that one Asimov robot did.
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 am

sorry about my last post. it came out weird.
Back to top Go down
spleahy

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:30 am

haha it's ok. Yeah, I'm making a few tweaks here and there but for the most part I like where the story's headed. But the idea about human visions is closely related to my story. I mean the robots are having serious problems controling humans and the laws that they made are being overlooked by the humans so it's not too far off from what Asimov did with his Robot Visions
Back to top Go down
emmanalo

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

sounds like an interesting idea! what kinds of situations do they run into?
Back to top Go down
amandaheise

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:16 pm

What kind of things do the humans do for the robots? I understand how robots could benifit us because they are way more strong and durable, but I dont get what the robots would be able to use us for that they couldnt do themselves.
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:34 pm

What if they figured out how to harness the power of love and since the robots can't love, they have to use humans? Is that too corny?
Back to top Go down
Theophania

Theophania

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 pm

amandaheise wrote:
What kind of things do the humans do for the robots? I understand how robots could benifit us because they are way more strong and durable, but I dont get what the robots would be able to use us for that they couldnt do themselves.

That is a good question. I think that the premise is original and I like the twist with robots being in charge, but like Amanda said, what would be the use of the humans if robots can think better, are stronger, etc. Why would they even bother to keep humans around?..I'm not sure about the emotion thing as a reason..??
Back to top Go down
http://www.csupomona.edu/~tiffanyychen/stream/
aitokunaga

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 am

In the Matrix films didn't they use humans for something? I forgot what it was, though.
What I meant about the emotions thing was that maybe emotions create energy and the robots use that energy to power themselves, like how Monsters Inc used screams as a source of power. Bad idea?
Back to top Go down
Aik Roy Heng

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 pm

Ooooooh I like the Monsters Inc idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Under Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under Control   Under Control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under Control
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion :: The Story Factory :: Individual Story Threads-
Jump to: