Literature of Science Fiction Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

>> Go to BlackboardHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keeping Hiro Humble

Go down 
+2
Multi
J.Castillo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
J.Castillo

Keeping Hiro Humble Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:01 pm

I thought it was hilarious that Hiro was humbled by Raven.
Raven is the ultimate "bad-ass mother ..." and Hiro can't compete
because Raven has that hydrogen bomb. Since no one in real life has a hydrogen
bomb I guess I still have the potential to the biggest "bad-ass"
around!
Back to top Go down
Multi

Multi

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:46 am

Here's how it goes...

The SWAT team comes in and takes you down without killing you (so the bomb doesn't go off). Then they go throw the bomb in the ocean somewhere and then kill you. Raven can't exist very long in a society with well enforced laws such as ours. In Yorba Linda they have cops everywhere giving you tickets and talking to you until after curfew so they can give you a ticket (I've never had a ticket).
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 am

What if they do that whole brain-in-a-vat thing? Then they would have time to dismantle the bomb, right? Or they could have P. Burke wired into Raven so the brain waves are still there but Raven's mind isn't and the bomb doesn't go boom!
Back to top Go down
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:14 pm

See if you ask me, Raven needs to have a manual trigger for the bomb as well. That way, if he's being captured or hurt, he can just threaten to blow it.
Back to top Go down
Andrea F

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:31 pm

How exactly did the trigger work? ( i forget) if it was a heart rate moniter or such, couldnt he simply just remove it from his body, triggering it that way? Isn't that a manual trigger of sorts?
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:51 am

I think it was a brainwave monitor. I guess he could just remove the sensors and manually trigger the bomb.
Back to top Go down
btexpress

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm

If someone wants to kill Raven, just have him sleep with a girl that has the dentanta thing and throw his bomb somewhere remote. Then you could attempt to remove his monitor. Once its gone, make him think he still has it and let him try to be tough and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Hiro Humble   Keeping Hiro Humble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping Hiro Humble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion :: Novel and Story Discussion :: Snow Crash-
Jump to: