Literature of Science Fiction Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

>> Go to BlackboardHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Girl Who Was Plugged In

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jmbuehler

The Girl Who Was Plugged In Empty
PostSubject: The Girl Who Was Plugged In   The Girl Who Was Plugged In Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm about 15 pages in, and I'm honestly having a lot of trouble. The language is real confusing, but I'm trying my best. scratch I'm going to continue reading and see what I can get out of it.

I like the ideas (advertising, celebrities, manipulation, etc.) that the story is getting at, but the language is proving to be a really big obstacle for me.
Back to top Go down
TheDirector

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Was Plugged In   The Girl Who Was Plugged In Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:23 pm

I have posted reading questions for "The Ship Who Sang" and "The Girl Who Was Plugged In" on the Blackboard site under "Course Documents." I'm sorry that I forgot to do this earlier.

John Edlund
Back to top Go down
aitokunaga

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Was Plugged In   The Girl Who Was Plugged In Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:41 am

THe diction is very confusing, but once you get started it really is an interesting story. I liked the reference to Green Mansions. The character Rima has always intrigued me. I'm glad that in this future reading has not completely gone out of style like in Faranheight 451.
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Was Plugged In   The Girl Who Was Plugged In Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:59 am

I am beyond confused. I have read the entire story and I have absolutely no idea what I read or what any of it actually said. This discussion is going to be interesting, or very boring depending on who many people understood what the story said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Was Plugged In   The Girl Who Was Plugged In Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Girl Who Was Plugged In
Page 1 of 1