Literature of Science Fiction Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

>> Go to BlackboardHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TEST tomorrow!

Go down 
+6
Multi
Stephen
Wind
Umbrangelus
Vicente
Derek
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:29 am

So, who votes to not have a test tomorrow Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D

Derek
Back to top Go down
Vicente

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:26 am

*anti-votes*

I like tests.
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:27 am

"I like tests."

Kiss up Wink
Back to top Go down
Vicente

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:39 am

*shrug* can you blame me? Wink
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:01 am

Yeah, Edlund is only Vincente's boss AND teacher. Vincente has absolutely NO reason to suck up at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vicente

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 am

-or maybe I genuinely enjoy test-taking. Hard to hate tests when you ace them all, you know Wink

Nishel you didn't vote. lol
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 am

I like tests to...after they are over.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Kinda weird that you'd take a test just for the after-experience =P

I like to breathe it all in. The tension! The atmosphere! The smell of saliva on pencil erasers!
Back to top Go down
Stephen

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Hm.... well, I'll take a test to a paper any day Smile So bring it on! Wink
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:19 pm

40 more minutes until test time -_- hooray!
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Did anyone see me whisk in and out of the room, completing the test in one stroke? =D
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 am

What did you guys think of that test?

Derek
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 am

It was a breeze Wink
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Hello Chris!
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:56 am

Oh, come on. Surely you can do better than that >=P

I'll say this now. If you can figure out who I am by the end of the quarter, well, you'll know who I am. Otherwise my identity will forever remain a mystery. I say just give up now - it'll save you guys the trouble.

And it's not like who I am really matters =) I prefer it this way because what I write is read without bias. I'd be lying if I said I approach others' writings objectively, without prior expectations. The way we talk, act, move - everything we do that can be perceived in person transfers over to the way we're read by people who've been around us. And as writers we feel this - how people view us can, in many ways, cage our creative expression.

This is fine and all, but the problem is the person I am in writing differs greatly from what I show to most people. I created Wind because it symbolizes freedom - by being anonymous I'm free from constraints imposed by my own identity.

It's not like I'm against you finding out who I am - in fact I'd love for you to find out - but in the meantime, I'll do my best to make sure it stays a secret. Hey, do your best. Or not. It really doesn't matter =P

Well, you know I'm not Professor Edlund or Chris. Who knows? I could be you.

Wow it's late.
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:21 am

Cute Wind. You are actually becoming amusing. I like that. You have an adorable personality that I enjoy. By the way, the picture is awesome. You actually remind me a lot of Juan in class, but that probably is not you. And even if it was, you don't want to be nailed down to any one personality.

To be honest, the only reason I like to know who I am talking with is how I have to read. I get bored quickly unless I can imagin what I read as being a movie. Therefore, the writen word must have a voice behind it for me to understand what is actually happening. I wanted to know who it was because I wanted a voice to help focus my reading.

Your personality astounds me and I am curious. You say the person you are in writing differs from what you show most people which means you rarely show who you truly are to most people. In writing it is often easier to write under a name no one can critisize personally.

In the matter of your idenity, this is my last comment. Congratuations on maintaining the purity of anonymity. You wear the mask well. I take me perverbial hat off to you.

I look forward to your response! Wink
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Sphinexfire wrote:
To be honest, the only reason I like to know who I am talking with is how I have to read. I get bored quickly unless I can imagin what I read as being a movie. Therefore, the writen word must have a voice behind it for me to understand what is actually happening. I wanted to know who it was because I wanted a voice to help focus my reading.

I seem to hold your interest just fine ;P

Sphinexfire wrote:
You say the person you are in writing differs from what you show most people which means you rarely show who you truly are to most people. In writing it is often easier to write under a name no one can critisize personally.

Both statements are correct. Many famous writers both old and new wrote under pen names instead of their real names. Samuel Clemens, for example, chose pen name Mark Twain for his written alias.

And it's more fun.

Sphinexfire wrote:
you don't want to be nailed down to any one personality.

I only *have* one personality so it's not like I have a choice. Considerate of you, though.

Sphinexfire wrote:
In the matter of your idenity, this is my last comment. Congratuations on maintaining the purity of anonymity. You wear the mask well. I take [my proverbial] hat off to you.

aw thanks. I find you amusing also =)

My avatar is still-motion photography of water with neon lighting passing through it, if you were wondering.
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Did you take the picture?
Back to top Go down
Umbrangelus

Umbrangelus

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:09 pm

By "nailed down to one personality" I mean the way you write may not be what you are at all. For example, AoLS is writen in a very violent and vicious personality (the general feel of the story, i.e. its personality) which, I hope, is not my personality. You want to be free to write in whatever style you wish without being judged personally by others.

Perhaps it is just me that does not write with my own style, but rather adopts sort of the anti-thesis of who I am, which makes this particular story particularly difficult for me to write and probably adds a degree of unbelievibility to it.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Oh.

I understand. It's actually good for you to be going outside your comfort zone. It's part of what writing is for. Improving our abilities as writers/artists (such as insight slash expression) hugely involves confronting and resolving those deep dark corners in our hearts. This process can be dangerous but will also inevitably result in power; in other words you get good at it regardless.

I've learned - partly the hard way (as in not quite through first-hand experience) - that writing must never be used selfishly. I'm being a tad melodramatic, but it really is a powerful persuasive skill.

"Deliver me from writers who say the way they live doesn't matter. I'm not sure a bad person can write a good book. If art doesn't make us better, then what on earth is it for?"
- Alice Walker

(I WISH I'd taken that picture.)
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:43 pm

I don't appreciate all these secret names. You guys should reveal yourselves now that the quarter is done Smile
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 am

haha, like it'll matter to most people =P

And I don't consider myself hard to figure out. I don't switch up my writing style between this account and my real one, so just keep your literary ear open!
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:29 am

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

just reveal yourself! tell us your true name Wink
Back to top Go down
Wind

Wind

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 am

fine.

Wind.

LOL

*flies away*
Back to top Go down
Derek

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 am

omg.

that was NOT cool at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEST tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEST tomorrow!   TEST tomorrow! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEST tomorrow!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literature of Science Fiction Discussion :: General-
Jump to: