Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was .

>> Go to BlackboardHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Umbrangelus

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 pm

I can't stand it. I can't stand to have 99 posts. So Hah, here is the 100th post on my story!!! Yeay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbrangelus

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 pm

So what comes next.

Obviously, Syran grows up to be a terrible monster and Varse, being the sweet and innocent one that he is, finds it difficult to follow in her footsteps. Still he eventually makes it into the Assassin's Guild but with a much more gentle hand. Eventually, Syran becomes a demented member of the human race, then an incarcerated demon in hell. But first things first...

Let the games begin---
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Multi

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm

here's an idea I came up with just now. What if you continued the book (maybe a second book).

Far in the future, a girl wakes up one day to find that she can't remember anything. She only vaguely remembers the name Varse. As it turns out, she's living in a small community in a deserted city. The people there are congradulating her for her "forgeting into adulthood", but she doesn't know what that means. The people are very friendly to her, and ask way to many questions. In fact, she gets scared of them and starts screaming until they leave her alone. From that point on, the people in the community are afraid of this girl.

Eventually the girl realizes that she can't stay and leaves in search of this person named Varse. The rolling desert scares her even more than the people in the community. The emptiness seems to fill her mind and suffocate her with silence. Wandering the desert, convince she will die, this girl comes across a hermet in a cave. He takes her in and gives her shelter. Although this girl can never guess why, this man treats her very nicely despite her opposite treatment of him. The man introduces himself as Thresles. He says that the year is around 10038. He tells her a broken story about the past in which something terribly wrong happened.

About 6000 years ago there was a devastating event that must have killed a lot of people. Yet, despite meteors, earthquakes, and other catastrophes, only a small fraction of the human fossils have been found. Thresles says billions of people used to live in this wasteland over 6000 years ago, but more than half of them just disappeared. Of the rest that were found, only a few survive today.

Legend has it that before this event, people gradually grew up into adults, instead of "forgetting". Apparently, somewhere around age 12-16, a child "forgets himself" and becomes an adult--sometimes an entirely different person. Thresles describes the process as brutal saying that about half of the people who "forget" end up dying, or committing suicide. A quarter of the ones that survive are not friendly, or care little about themselves. Despite these grisly stories, there are few that are good. In fact, there have been many stories of people who commit great acts of heroism entirely out of self-motivation.

The girl is very scared of this man. He seems crazy and she suspects him of some dark and devious plan. For this girl, it is not hard to imagine that he is feeding her plenty so that he can eat her when food is short. As quickly as possible, this girl escapes the cave.

Traveling for days and unbearably exhausted, this girl comes across another community. There she finds food and shelter. Shortly after her arrival a strangely handsome young fellow visits her. When she confronts him, she quickly finds out that this man is not what he seems. Angry at her, he blames her for an unspeakable crime he says she committed in the past. Unable to remember, she is forced to run. He accuses her of coming to the community to kill everyone. This man is faster than her, and tackles the poor girl before she can get away.

Scared for her life, the girl thrashes around violently while she is pinned to the ground. She watches in utter horror as the man draws a very long and old looking dagger that seems somehow familiar to her. Surging with adrenaline, she manages to get a leg free and kick him squarely in the stomach with all her might. Spinning in the air, the young man falls on his own dagger. Watching him get back up, she sees him stumble to his feet, looking at the small cut on his shoulder. Amazed, the girl watches as the cut begins to grow. The man looks like he's in excrutiating pain.

In a desperate whisper, the man curses the girl, calling her Syran. He blames her for the catastrophic event that happened 6000 years ago. He says she's the reason why people "forget themselves". His arm is slowly decaying and eating away at his shoulder. He looks like he's about to die. Bewildered and completely confused the girl asks, "Who are you?" to which the mans final words are, "Varse"

With that single word, Syran remembers everything that happened...
To be continued..
---------------------------------

Nishel, how do you like it? Would you finish this story?

View user profile
Umbrangelus

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 pm

So would you care to explain how they have been alive for 6000 years or am I suppose to just believe it is based on the fact that it is SF.

So how is your story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Multi

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:19 am

Well you see, ever since the umm... what's it called... resurection, revalation,... crud let me grab my bible... Rapture?

Anyway, when the rapture comes, all the religious people are taken away. Then, the anti-christ comes right? Well, lets just say the anti-christ takes over Earth and humans live on past the seven year deadline. Also, all humans become possessed at around age 12-16 by devils. You couldn't guess that this girl is not Syran, but that Syran is possessing her? What do you think the whole "forgeting into adulthood" thing was? I guess I needed to add more to the story.

So you could easily write the rest of this. Maybe Syran realizes a way to stop the demons and uses the madeline to go after them.

I thought it was a cool idea anyway...

View user profile
Umbrangelus

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks, I will definitely consider it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)   

Back to top Go down

Archipelago of Lost Souls (AoLS)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5