Literature of Science Fiction Discussion

Hello Guest, post comments on readings from class or story ideas. Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969.

>> Go to BlackboardHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Not so Pleasent Future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kevinlb

PostSubject: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:16 am

1) In the year 2248, Earth has become all but a ruined planet. Sands have over taken most of the lands. Life itself is just scatter settlements of human exsitence, few animels wounder freely, and robotic creatures of all kinds dominate the land scape. These robot creatures are not your ordinary robots, the move about with their own free will, living off different materials, and once there is enough "food" they can creat another one of themsleves that is an identical copy. The only difference is that that while the new one knows everything the original did, its "brain" developes differently because of environmental conditions, and we have two different creatures. This is just the begining for me. I have some ideas for how this came to be, how robots started thinking on their own, what conflicts humans and robots face in daily life, and so on. In feed back is great, even if it is bad. I personally like this, not just because i am writing it, but like the themes involved.
Kevin B.

2) Well i have looked over your posts and have taken into account some of your remarks. They've got me thinking on easily hopefully less boring ideas and ways to explain things. I have not gotten a chance to sit down and write out things for a few hours straight, however I've thought of some more.-------The story will revolve around a boy about 13-16 ish. He has for some reason grown up with the only companionship coming from a robot seperant. Normally the robots do not have anything to do with humans, unless they are used for materials or food, like the robot bugs that eat water, so that most of their being is water and thus drinkable. Any ways, the boy takes in the serpant and gives it its type of food. A bond between them grows and is seen when the boy nearly dies and the serpant saves him by bringing him to a human camp. I am thinking of starting off with this accident after a short intro. about the world, then have a little background here and there throughout the story as the boy interacts with the humans of the camp as they make there way to their city/settlement. I plan to have some kind of event happen where the boy and the serpant must choice want to do. That in itself i have not finished thinking about and probably won't tell until I acuatly write the story. But i would like some feed back on ways/events of interaction between the boy the serpant and the camp group. I have some ideas but like feed back to see if those are good enough or if they need twinking to give them so extra stuff, which may be done any way. Any how, i do plan on sitting down this coming week and start writing out the story. The general idea of most the story is in my head, just got to get it down so people can like it or blow it to pieces.
Kevin B. afro

Last edited by kevinlb on Mon May 05, 2008 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDirector

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 am

What caused the devastation? Some global warming scenarios predict that the poles will be the only habitable places. The rest of the Earth might end up being too hot for anything but robots, reptiles, and cockroaches.

John Edlund
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Multi

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 am

It sounds like a good idea to me. It's not a book on its own, of course. If you can remember the part in How to Write by Card, he was drawing a map of his fantasy/medieval town and he came up with some really good stuff. It wasn't until he added some characters, his rules for magic, a few mistakes, a vague plot for the characters, and a completely unrelated idea that he finally had a book.

Where in this world you describe would your story take place?
Do you have any characters in mind?
What would you want to see those character become/do/face?
You have your rules for your robots it seems.

I think people don't want to come out and start working and getting feedback on their ideas because the final is weeks away. That's why the group projects are floundering. Good luck if you choose to make your ideas into a story. It sounds interesting!

View user profile
jmbuehler

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:02 pm

This sounds like a cool idea. I actually like that you haven't explained how Earth came to be this way. I don't know if it's because you're choosing not to disclose how and why just yet, or if you just haven't completely figured it out... Anyways, it reminds me of The Road by Cormac McCarthy. His whole story takes place on post-apocalyptic earth, where the entire planet has been wiped out, and all that remains are a few (mostly cannibalistic) survivors. McCarthy never explains how earth came to be that way...we can assume it was because of a nuclear war, but he never even hints at this, and I think he does this mainly because it would distract from the fact that his story is focused only on the two main characters and their struggle for survival. In that case, revealing too much about the background wasn't really necessary. You only need to reveal "the tip of the iceberg" and still have a really interesting story, so I'm really loving the unknown factor of this story.

But then again, The Road isn't science fiction, so maybe different rules apply?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.Castillo

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Is the main character going to be a robot or a man? It would be neat to have the viewpoint character be a robot, you could show how he observes humans, and maybe how he duplicates himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aitokunaga

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 pm

What if the robot itself does not know exactly why it has to eat but it just instincively knows it has to and once it gets enough, it starts replecating, which completely freaks it out. As in a "OMG! What's happening to me?" kind of thing. That would be cool to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Multi

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Thu May 01, 2008 9:46 am

So is this going to be a story about character(s), idea(s), world exploring, or an event?

View user profile
emmanalo

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 am

the idea of the duplication is really interesting. we were discussing that issue in the PHL honors class. how would the duplicates interact? when someone from Duplicate A's past saw Duplicate B, what would happen? would Duplicate B pretend to be Duplicate A since Duplicate B has Duplicate A's past?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aitokunaga

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:41 pm

That sounds like the beginnings of a "evil psycho twin" story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Okay. The scenes that i have turned into for the class only go up to 5. I stopped it at 6, becuase from then on I kept thinking and re-thinking was to write the story. The main reason is that we really start to see into the charictors, and learn much more about this world of our dreams. Very Happy . But here they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Scene 1
“What would you do if your world was nothing more than survival under the harshest of conditions? For the people of Earth, this is something they never thought of, for there is no alternative to this type life. In 2087, mankind nearly destroyed the Earth five times over; leaving nothing but desolate lands covering 92% of the surface. Humans number in the low hundred thousands, making their way in life by stealing the resources of those who now thrive everywhere, robotic creatures. We do not know how they came about, or what they are for, but that does not matter, all that is important is that they are the key to our survival…” Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep the alarm yelled as it cut Janwell off.
“That is it for today,” Janwell said putting her things away, “we will continue tomorrow.”
All the kids ran outside, smiling, thinking of what their teacher was going to be hunting today. Janwell followed her students out to find Bree slumped over waiting for against the wall.
“If you’re going to be here,” Janwell nagged, “why don’t you come in and listen to my class?”
Bree yawned and started for the launch bunker. “I was never interested in that stuff when I was a kid, and I’m not interested now.”
“What are you talking about? You still are a kid, unless 16 is the new 21,” Janwell said snickering.
“Ha ha.” Bree said. She has heard it all before. Now they were at the bunker, where people were quickly packing and loading up the equipment onto the transports. Seeing how fast everything was moving, Bree and Janwell headed for the briefing room with a hurry in their step. When they came in, they saw Jim playing with the walkies and Carlos checking off on the equipment.
“It’s about time you two got here,” Carlos said. “We got a big one this time. A herd of lizards was spotted 30 kilometers from here
heading towards the city.”
“What type are they?” Bree asked.
“The spotters say they are most likely steel and iron heads. And that there seem to be a few coppers along with them,” Jim said.
“Holly molly!” Janwell proclaimed, “We haven’t seen those metals for over month. Is there really any left where they’re headed?”
“That is why this is top priority.” Carlos said with that look he gets when a job can’t go wrong, “Bert is out there double checking all over the vehicles. As you know our supply of steel and cooper is almost depleted. So for this hunt, we are only going to focus on the cooper heads, and leave the steels to team two. The spotters also mention that these coppers seem different from the normal lizards. So, I want all of you to stay with your groups and not do any solo acts.”
“With that Janwell you are with me. Bree, you will be with Bert. Jim find a high place and make sure you keep us updating with the lizard’s movements. Okay?”
“Rodger that,” Jim answered.
“Fine, Fine,” Bree said with a half whisper, “as long as he doesn’t drive into any buildings this time.”
Bert has the habit of forgetting where he is driving when he gets into the hunt. Not to say he is a bad drive. On the contrary, he is the finest in Overlev village. The door opened to the room with a thud, as Bert stepped in saying, “Okay everything is ready to go. The spotters say that the lizards are definitely roaming around the city in search of food. But they seem to be hesitant to enter some of the structures. What do think Carlos?”
“All I need to know is if there the coppers are there as well,” said Carlos.
They are,” replied Bert.
“Okay team, it’s time to get use some lizards. Suit up and lets
go.” With that Bree and Janwell changed into their suits and hopped on their vehicles as they were rolling out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

Scene 2
What is left of the major cities like New York and Tokyo are nothing but ruins that are crumbling before the desert’s fiery. They are the few places that the survivors have to obtain resources. They also are the favorite feeding grounds for the robots that eat metals and glass and other materials common in cities.
The teams soared over the dunes, leaving a stand storm in their wake. Of course Bert and Bree were in the front of the convoy. Jim was in his rotary-bird flying over them, reporting the lizards’ movements as the approached.
Now they were just on the outskirts of the city when Carlos said over the walkies, “Team two head west towards the steals and round up as many off them as you can. And see if you can find the steel that they came after. Team 1 will head straight North.”
“Bert, you and Bree go around the city and cut the lizards’ off as we drive them to you. Jim, ideal high enough so that you can watch over Team 2 as well as us. Everyone good luck and lets bag us some copper.”
With that Bert took off like there was no tomorrow. If he wasn’t wearing goggles, people would say you could see his green eyes light up with an orange burst as if fire had consume. Bree was imagining this as she held on with all her might. They drove so fast without wasting even the slightest of time getting to their destination that they had five minutes to spare.
As they were waiting, Bert kept his eye out for any lizards who strayed farther than expect, when Bree suddenly jumped. “What is it Bree,” Bert asked slightly shaken, “you nearly gave me a heart attack?”
“I saw a copper lizard over there near that building, then the next moment it was gone,” Bree proclaimed.
“It probably saw use and ran off,” said Bert.
“That wasn’t it Bert, I could have sworn something came out of the building and drag it in. I’m going to have a look, call it in to Carlos,” Bree said as she was jumping out of the truck grabbing an electric gun in the process.
“Stop it Bree!” Bert shouted, but it was too late. Bree was already entering the building and out of sight. “Damn it! Carlos, come in Carlos. Bree just abandoned ship and is chasing after a lizard. Hello, Carlos?”
There was no answer then, “Bert, we are hav……..some trouble do…….here. Let Br…..go for now……….Get over here an………us. The lizards are putting up a hell of a fi…….! Carlos out.”
Bert slammed the walky down on the seat, then picked it up and radioed Bree. “Hey Bree if you here this, stay inside where it is safe and don’t do anything. I will be back as soon as can.” With that Bert drove off in spitting sand up forming a mini dirt devil.
Bree heard the transmission but wasn’t about to listen to it. No way was she when her adrenalin was pumping this much. As she crept around the corners slowing following the lizards tracks up, she thought to herself that there aren’t that many creatures that could take on a lizard, or even would want to. She finished that thought as she came across a second pair of tracks that sent a chill from the base of her spine all the way up to her hairs on her neck which were standing on end now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

Scene 3
As Bert arrived there was nothing but chaos. He could see Carlos and Janwell firing from behind their Jeep, but could not make out at exactly what they were firing at. Then his eye caught it. The
long slender body, the drill tip tail, and then the head with its razor knife like fangs and darkening eyes appears beyond the veil of sand kicked up. Bert is in shock, it is a snake. A god damn snake, Bert says to himself. Why is it here, it should only be found in the northern territories, not down here in once South America. That’s when Bert nearly dropped his gun, when he saw three more heads sticking out of the sand with parts of copper lizards handing from their mouths. This was a first for Bert. He never herd off robotic creatures eating other robotic creatures.
“Bert! Bert! BERT!!” yelled Carlos, “Get over here will ya!”
“What the hell is going on Carlos?” Bert barely got out while taking cover behind his truck.
“As you can see, we have snakes on our hands. They most have been following the herd of lizards,” said Carlos. Seeing the confusion on Bert’s face he knew what he was thinking. “I’m not sure, but they must have run out of materials up north to eat and started spreading out. As for the eating lizards, that is a new on me.”
Just then there came a defining metal on metal clashing noise as the Jeep came bouncing back at them. One of the snakes had slammed the Jeep, taking a massive bite out of the front tire. Then came another slamming and another dreadful sound, as a second snake bit and swallowed the rear tire whole. That was when Janwell jumped up and unloaded a clip of electric pulse bullets into the two snakes. A blaze of sparks flew up as the bullets impacted the snakes’ heads. They backed up shaking their heads this way and that. Carlos popped up to take his shot, only to see two massive tails with their drill tips spinning slashing in the air and coming down upon the Jeep, shredding it into pieces.
“I guess these guys are made out of rubber as well as copper,” Carlos said, “Explains why our bullets are not having much effect at all.”
“I say we use the machine guns and a few of the good old mini
bombs and tear them apart,” Janwell suggested.
“I agree,” said Bert, “we need to end this quickly or we will be walking back to Overlev or worse.”
“Okay,” Carlos said as a tail came ripping through the Jeep missing his shoulder by mere millimeters. “Enough talking grab the guns and kill these two first.”
Carlos went for the small AK-47 along with five bombs and dashed out in front of the Jeep aiming and firing as he cleared the Jeep. Bert jumped back into his truck and grabbing all the bombs he could and unleashing them on the snake that started after Carlos. During the slight delay due to confusion, Janwell was able to hop onto the Jeep and get stationed behind the M134 Minigun and let loose a hell fire of bullets of 5,000 rounds per minute into the slithery beast currently ripping apart the Jeep.
No matter how strong the metal in the snakes were, 5,000 bullets was more than enough to slash it to pieces. With one down Janwell focused on and finished off the other one. “Jeez,” Janwell said, “you boys just can’t do anything on your own can you?”
“Look out Jan,” screamed Bert as an explosion of blinding white light and intense heat flashed in front of Janwell’s face. Just at the last second, Bert threw one of the bombs and nailed a snake square in the head. They had gotten to absorbed in the fight with the first two serpents, that they had forgotten the other two. As Janwell looked down she could vaguely make out the remains of the snake.
“That was a close one Janwell. You were lucky that the bomb only singed your hair and not blow you up as well,” Carlos said smiling as he ran back to the Jeep. “Now it is time to take care of the last one”
“Speaking of the last one,” Bert said hesitantly, “where did it go?”
“Look over there,” said Janwell, “it ran off to the north.”
“Oh no!!” exclaimed Bert, “Bree is up there!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Scene 4
Bree stood there motionless. She knew what these tracks were made by. But it was too late to go back to the truck, so the best thing to do was…..Crack….Pop…Rip. Bree turned her head around the next corner stuttering the whole time to see the copper lizard being torn apart by the snake. Bree gasped with fear and nearly fell over, but caught herself on the wall. However, just then the wall gave in, pulling her along with it, come to rest in front of the two creatures.
The snake slowly raised its head and made sound that Bree had never heard before, but knew what it meant, “Something appeared to take my food, and I need to kill it.” Bree staggered to her feet and slowly started to back up. All the while, the serpent slithered towards her, raising its tail up, started spinning it faster and faster. Then swoosh, as the tail went flying out missing Bree by inches. If she hadn’t tripped over the pile of rubble, she would have been skewered. The tail loomed above her head as Bree closed her eyes. It seemed like forever, as it pulled back for the finishing blow, when all of a sudden a huge mass of twisted metal and debris fell on top of the snake.
Bree opened her eyes to see two snake creatures going at, tails soaring all over the place teeth digging into one another. It was all so shocking that Bree couldn’t make since of it all until she realized that one of them was different. One had more than one tail, its body was slender yet when the other snake tried to bite it, there was hardly a scratch let alone damage. Before she could notice anything else, she found herself being dragged away by someone.
“What are you doing? Let me go right now!!” yelled Bree.
“You know,” the stranger said, “for a village person you aren’t that smart if you don’t realize when the time to leave is.”
“Shut up! Just let me go.”
The stranger let go, but they were already outside the
building. Before Bree could say anything more, the stranger drew a long sword. She swore she was seeing a strange blue light coming from the edge of the sword. But there was no time, the stranger turned to face her. Bree started to back up when the stranger said, “Get back inside the building. Hurry!”
That was when she noticed that there was a snake just 20 meters away, and was heading towards them. The stranger turned back around and stared at the oncoming serpent. As Bree ran and crouched beside the pillar at the entrance to the building saw the whole thing.
The stranger drew his second sword, this one emitting a pinkish red glow and crossed them in front of him. In that instant, the snake lunged forward, jaws open wide. At the same time the stranger rushed to meet it, jumping into the air at the last possible moment to avoid the razor jaws, and came down slicing through the back half of the snake with one hand and the head with the other. Although this was all Bree could make out, the stranger had actually used both hands one after the other criss-crossing the entire snake with cuts. When he came to a stop, the snake gave off electrical discharges all over, until it final fell to pieces and blew up.
He sheathed his swords after giving them a flick of his risks, removing in undesired materials. That was when Bree realized that she had come out of the building and was watching mouth opened wide. The stranger walked back to her and said, “Sorry for dragging you out here. I didn’t expect that the other snakes would come back so soon. I wonder what caused it.”
Still in awe Bree managed to think clearly enough to answer, “That would be because of my team. If what you say is true, then they probably ran into them.”
“I see. Well it was nice meeting you. Not too often you see a pretty girl out here in the middle of some ruins.” With that he started to head back into the building.
“Wait,” shouted Bree, “where are you going? You haven’t even told me your name.”
“Names aren’t important. But if you must know, my name is Alene I Død.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Scene 5
“Hold it right there!” shouted Carlos as he came up in the truck. He, Janwell, and Bert all stepped out of the truck, guns loaded and at the ready. “Bree are you alright. Did anything hap….” Carlos was cut off as all three of them noticed the snake that had gotten away, lying on the ground in pieces.
“What the hell happened here,” Bert bellowed; half out of surprise and half out of pure curiosity.
“Lower your guns you guys. Død saved me. He did this to protect me,” Bree said.
“I didn’t do it to save you, you strange girl” Alene thought to himself. “Ya, I did it. Are you going to shoot me for it or what?” Alene said with a slight irritated tone.
“Lower your weapons Bert, Janwell,” Carlos said. Now directing his stare at Alene, “Mind telling me how you took care of this snake without any guns Død.”
“Well as you can see, I used these swords I have to cut it up. Nothing fancy, just regular good old strength and skill,” answered Alene.
“You mean to tell me that you were able to cut through its metal body with just swords!” exclaimed Bert.
“Stop joking with us, or you will be in a lot of trouble,” said Janwell.
“It’s true you two. He really cut it up with just his swords,” Bree said almost pleading.
“Alright,” Carlos said butting in, “I believe you. Now could you
tell me what you are doing here.”
“The same as guys; just trying to survive out here.”
“Okay,” Carlos hesitantly said, “Mind telling where you came from.”
“I can answer that,” a voice in the sky said. It was Jim coming in for a landing. “I had received reports from the spotters that said they thought they say a human following the herd a while back. But, once they neared the city they lost track of him. I’m guessing this is that guy.”
“You would be right fire head,” Alene said, noting the fact that once Jim took off his helmet, that a thick bushel off curly orange and red hair cam flowing out. “I followed this herd since they left Mexico. You know where that is right.”
“Yes we know,” spat out Bert.
“Good,” Alene continued, “ Well it seems that more and more herds of lizards, jackals, bugs, you name it, are heading further south. I don’t know the reason but I figured it would be a good idea to do the same, since my food source was moving.”
“What do you mean by food so………” before Carlos could finish a metallic tail appeared on Alene’s shoulder. “Watch out you!!” shouted Carlos, “Drop and roll or your toast.” As he finished that sentence everyone raised their guns and targeted what was just out of sight behind Alene. Bree jumped back after she turned and saw that tail. It must be the one that attacked the snake inside, because now there were two of them on his shoulders.
Janwell was starting to pull the trigger, Bert was pulling the pin out of the bomb, and Carlos was reaching to pull Bree out of the way when Alene started to laugh.
“What the hell is so funny?” Bert yelled, “I f you don’t move now you’re dead!”
“No I’m not,” Alene said as if the snake was a fly. That was when the serpent eased itself out of the building coming alongside
Alene. Everyone except Alene moved back. Bree just fell back down onto to her but for the second time today. Maybe she really is a kid. This thought drove her mad. “There is nothing to be afraid of. That is as long as you guys don’t start firing. He and I are friends of such; so for the time being he will not hurt any of unless you start to hurt him. Do you get it? If you do, then lower your guns.”
With that Carlos ordered the team to stand down. Just then Bree swore she saw the snake crack a smile. She then stood up remembering about what happened earlier. “That’s right,” she almost shouted, “this guy saved me from a snake that was going to kill me. So I’m sure Død is telling the truth.”
Everyone seemed a little shocked at this but, knowing it made them feel less tense and so they lowered their weapons for now. Of course Janwell did not move from behind the truck’s minigun.
“Well then, since that is cleared up, I being going now. I want to get to the next oasis as fast as I can. Could you point me in the right direction?” Alene asked.
“Oasis?” Bree said.
“Are you that dense,” said Janwell, “an oasis is a piece of land that is still livable on. Jeez, you really need to go to my classes.”
“Whatever. Wait why are you leaving?”
“I need to keep moving. I already got what I needed from these lizards,” Alene replied.
“But we have all that stuff at our village. You can just come back and get some supplies there,” Bree said. Turning to Carlos, “Can he? He did save me, this can be a thank you. Please.”
“Fine,” Carlos reluctantly answered, “But he will only stay until tomorrow morning. I don’t know I well you know this area Alene, but once the sun sets, the winds pick up and you can’t see for the life of you.”
Carlos began to head towards the truck when Bert came up and said, “I f it is okay with you then that’s okay with me. But the
Jeep is totaled, and we can’t fit everyone on the truck.”
“Hey, Jim,” Carlos yelled, “Call to have a pickup unit come to get the Jeep.” He looked around at everyone else, “I stay here with the Jeep, you guys go on ahead. Alene you too.”
“That won’t be a problem,” Alene said, “I will accept your help, but I don’t need a ride. I happened to have one of the fastest ride in the deserts.”
“Ohhh,” Bree said excitedly, “Is it alright if I go with you Død?”
Alene looked at his snake friend and said something that they couldn’t here. Then the snake did something strange, it moved its mouth as if to speak but only bizarre sounds came out. After that Alene said, “Alright, it is fine with us.”
With that they took off towards Overlev village. When the team turned around to see what Alene’s vehicle was, there nearly ran into a building. Alene’s fastest ride was none other the snake. Bree was hanging onto to Alene for dear life. Nothing but a wall of sand could be seen behind the snake. And just like that they came zipping by in a blur of steel and flesh; one of them screaming at the top of their lungs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:12 pm

To Be Continued
After this I plan to right about the characters more. The interactions between Bree and Alene, who she loves to call Død, and how their relationship progresses. I also am going to further explain Alene’s snake friend who later we learn can talk to Alene. How they became acquainted, and what their relationship is now. We were going to learn some of this due to a disaster that happens in the night. Other creatures would come and attack during the sand storm. We also learn to some extent form Alene about how the creatures live, and what role they play in human survival. I have future ideas where the village faces a disaster, from the north. And the only way to stop it is to team up with Alene and take it down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevinlb

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:15 pm

If anyone wants to know what happens afterwars. That is if you happen to be interested in my story, then just post or better yet email me at klbryan@cuspomona.edu. Any critques from those who really have something to say or who care, are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wind

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey man, spoilers! lol

I've noticed that your plot, so far, is very dialogue-driven. It makes for a gritty pace (experiencing the story at the ground level rather than an omnicient perspective), which overall is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDirector

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 am

An interesting world, interesting ideas. The action scenes go smoothly and are engaging. The dialogue is a little stilted sometimes, but dialogue is tough.

John Edlund
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Not so Pleasent Future   

Back to top Go down

A Not so Pleasent Future
Page 1 of 1